NEW ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING ON-SITE VISITATIONS AT OUR CENTER EFFECTIVE MAY 6, 2022
Our highest priority has always been, and always will be, the safety and well-being of our residents – and we know that your visits with them are important to their health and happiness. Therefore, we would like to inform you of the revised visitation policy. Please keep in mind that we will continue screening all residents, screen every person as they enter the center, and will continue testing all staff according to State and Federal guidelines.
- Visits may be facilitated regardless of the center or resident’s COVID-19 status. Visitors to a resident on transmission-based precautions for COVID-19 should adhere to the additional PPE requirements. Residents that are COVID positive, are symptomatic and awaiting test results, and residents on quarantine in the Observation Unit must remain in their rooms.
- There is no limitation to visitation, including time and duration. In-person visitation is allowed in all circumstances unless the resident objects.
- You have the right to hug your loved one at all stages of life.
- Residents may designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver.
- Visits may occur indoors or outdoors depending on the resident’s needs.
- Visitors will sign in and out of the center.
- All visitors will undergo screening prior to each visit to ensure that no one enters with a fever or other condition that could create a possible risk to our residents. This will include temperature checks, questions about symptoms, vaccination status, potential exposure, and observation of any signs or symptoms. Visitors must notify the center if they develop any symptoms of COVID-19.
- We encourage visitors to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing per the Center testing schedule.
- We encourage visitors to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Visitors will receive information regarding hand hygiene, mask wearing, and social distancing.
- Visitors are expected to always wear a facemask and perform proper hand hygiene (for example, using hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the center).
- All visitors and staff must wear a facemask throughout the time you are in the center.
- Maintain social distance of at least six feet with staff and other residents and limit movement in the center.
- The center Administrator will ensure staff adherence of COVID 19 policies and procedures.
We know some of these requirements will present a challenge, but they are necessary to protect your loved ones under our care. We appreciate your cooperation in complying with the requirements for visitation. Our residents, staff, and management are thrilled to welcome you back!
Please feel free to reach out to the center’s Administrator with any questions.
For Additional information please click on this My Florida link for the latest in Skilled Nursing Facility Visit Guidelines: https://www.ahca.myflorida.com/visitation/
* Note: Staff that test positive for COVID-19 are placed on leave and not allowed to work in the center until they have two negative tests for COVID-19 at least 24 hours apart.
We want to convey our sincere concern for those who have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19. Our thoughts are with them and their loved ones at this challenging time, and our deepest condolences go out to everyone who has lost a loved one during this crisis.
We are taking mitigating steps to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19.